To extract an application log, please follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to PC.
- Open iTunes to synchronize data. If you don't have iTunes installed on your computer, click here to download an installer for the latest version.
- Backup your device by switching to the device's tab in iTunes and clicking on the Back Up now button. Confirm the back up in the pop-up dialog that appears next.
- Once the backup is complete, open the iExplorer application to locate the backup data file. Click here to download and install the latest version of iExplorer (the download will start automatically upon clicking the link)
- Follow this path to locate the file: iExplorer\[YOUR DEVICE NAME]\Backups\Backup Explorer\AppDomain-com.form.offline\Documents (you can paste this path into the iExplorer address bar and type in your device name)
- Right click on the Documents folder and select "Export to folder" to save it on your PC.
- Once done pack this folder with any available file compressor and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it here: https://app.form.com/f/1139415/a495/
- Log file can be found under the Form.com Documents folder: iExplorer\ [YOUR DEVICE NAME]\Apps\Form.com\Documents\LogOffline.log
To extract a crash log from your device, please follow the instructions below:
If you have iOS 10.3 or later:
- Go to Settings > Privacy, scroll down and tap Analytics. Then tap Share iPhone Analytics.
- Tap Analytics Data to find the necessary log for the crashed application. The logs will be named in the following format: <ApplicationName><DateTime><DeviceName>.
- Select the log, and copy its entire text.
- Paste copied log text to an e-mail and send it to email@example.com.
If you have iOS 8, 9, iOS 10 to iOS 10.2:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage and select Automatically Send or Don't Send.
- Tap Diagnostics&Usage Data to find the necessary log for the crashed application.
- Select the log, copy its entire text to an e-mail and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may locate crash logs on your PC.
A device that is synced with iTunes stores its crash logs on the machine. Depending on the OS, here are the locations where you can find crash logs:
Mac OS X:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
Windows Vista or 7
When you experience a Mobile App crash, you can sync your device with iTunes, go to one of the above locations (depending on your OS), download the crash logs and email them to email@example.com.
- To get the Form.com mobile application's log files you need a files explorer application installed on your Android device. Use Play Market to select an application (ES File Explorer, for instance) and download it to your device.
Launch the application and open Internal storage of your device:
- Find the Android folder and open it:
- Open the Data folder and find the com.form.offline folder:
- Tap on the Cache folder to open it:
- Scroll to the bottom of a screen, find the LogOffline.log file, select it and send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Connect the device to a computer. Don't forget to select the files transfer mode on the device so that computer can access the data on it.
- Open the Internal storage of the connected device on your computer and locate the Android folder.
- Log file of the Form.com application can be found here: Computer\[DEVICE NAME]\Internal storage\Android\data\com.form.offline\cache\LogOffline.log
Logs for the Form.com Desktop App are stored in the WorldAPPDesktop folder, which can be accessed by the following path:
There you may find the Logs Subfolder, or retrieve the LogOffline.log by going to: