This question type allows the respondents to comment on something in their own words.
Questions of this type are good for gathering additional information.
In a survey this type of question might look something like this:
To add a 'Multi-Line Text Response' question to your survey:
- Press the New Question button, then select Add question from scratch by clicking on the arrow from the Form Edit page when applied to a Form.
Press the Insert button, then select New Question from the Surveys > Edit page when applied to a Survey.
- Use the Please select a question type drop-down box to select Multi-line text response - often used for comments.
Type your question text in the Write your question below text box.
At this step you can customize text field size for respondents convenience.More details:
- Columns (width): adjust width of the answer field. Default value is 50;
- Rows (height): adjust height of the answer field. Default value is 5.
Click Save to save your changes and go to the survey editing page (Surveys > Questions).
Click Cancel to go back to the survey editing page without saving changes
Click the Toggle WYSIWYG Editor button to switch between simple editing and WYSIWYG mode.
If composing in a simple mode you can use HTML. If using the WYSIWYG editor you can easily apply advanced text formatting along with inserting links and graphics to the text.
Add Image option allows you to add image(s) to your question.
You can add images to your survey questions and answer choices. You can also specify a URL to open a web page after clicking on the image.
This can be used to show your respondent products pictures, concept drawings, and samples. Sometimes it is easier to show than to describe using only question text. It is also great for comparisons.
To add an image you need to click the Add Image button next to the question on Surveys > Questions page, then follow the steps below:
Choose an image to appear with the question.Click here for more details:
- Click the Select Image button to locate an image file saved in your Media Library.
You can upload files with the extensions jpg, jpeg, bmp, gif, png extensions or image files with no extension (for MacOS files).If the image is saved in CMYK colorspace, it may not be displayed correctly. Use the RGB colorspace instead.
- Click on the needed image and hit Ok to upload it.
- Specify the image position (left, top, right). In top position you can set image alignment (left, center, right) and add visual arrows by selecting corresponding check boxes (Up Left, Bottom Left, Up Right, Bottom Right). If you need you can add a brief description to the image and specify a URL that will be opened when respondents click on it.
- Select if the images should appear next to your answer choices. Provide short descriptions and indicate URLs for linking below each image if needed.
- Click Save.
Click Save to upload selected images to your survey question and answer choices.
Click Preview to see how your uploaded images look.
Email Alert To option allows you to get/send an email notification right after the respondent submits your survey, if the respondent has answered a question with a particular answer. For details consult the Email Alert help chapter.
Click Spell Check to check the spelling of question and answer choices text.
Click Preview to see what your question looks like.
Question Analysis Code is used for the statistical analysis. For example, to track the responses for questions with the same code across different surveys.
Using the Question Analysis Code utility, you can specify the analysis code on the Edit Single Question page, and then export it into XML, Excel, CSV for the statistical analysis purposes.
For example, to track the responses for questions with the same code across different surveys.
Question Identifier is used to assign custom names to questions and answer options. It can be used as piping reference, in logic rules and exported along with reports.
Using the Question Identifier, you can assign a custom name or number to a question on the Edit Single Question page:
For instance, "MaxBenefitPeriod_week" might be set as a question identifier for the question from the screenshot above. This identifier may further be used instead of standard question number:
- The first symbol of the question identifier can not be numeric.
- Identifiers cannot start with Qx (where x is a number).
- If you are calculating a score in your form/survey with the help of Calculated Value functions: SCORE or MAX_SCORE, please do not use the same keywords (SCORE, MAX_SCORE) as question identifiers, as this will interfere with the system behavior.