Such survey results can be distinguished by using a unique code and other attributes from the file for autofilling.
To use the Allow Duplicate Responses feature go to the Send email invitation with individual Survey links page and click the Format Data File button, then:
- Bring the survey questions in correspondence with fields of Data File you are going to import. <more>
- Select the Allow duplicate email addresses check box.
- Enter fields numbers containing email addresses and unique codes in the corresponding boxes.
- Click Save to save the format settings.
- Click Back to return to the Email Survey page.
- Import your Data File. <more>
- Compose the invitation using the [Fx] tag. <more>
- Send your email invitation.
- You can not use the Allow duplicate email addresses option on Format Data File page and the Allow multiple responses - only applies to Master URL rule on the Settings page simultaneously.
- Unique codes can only be used once within the same form/survey and can not be reused. Even if you have deleted some responses and would like to reuse their passwords, they are still stored in the system and will appear in the Status Report on the Deleted tab. Therefore, with each launch, you need to use different unique codes, which have not been used before for this form/survey.
- When a form/survey is launched using the Allow duplicate email addresses option in Format Data File settings, the use of the Remove from list link (may be inserted by means of the [REMOVE] tag) by the respondent will opt-out the unique code rather than the email address itself. This makes it possible to send another invitation from the same form/survey to the same email address using a different unique code.
The information stored in your Data Source, which you want to import to your survey:
|Name||Department||Email Address||Unique Code|
Your .csv Data file should look as follows (Instead of commas it may have semicolons or tabulation as delimiters):