The Contact Group is a group of contacts that are filtered out from the general list of a Contact Manager.
List of groups is represented as a tree and is displayed in the left pane under each Contact Manager.
To create a new Contact Group, follow these steps:
- Click the Contacts button from the main navigation menu at the top.
- Click the New button from the Contact Managers pane and select Group.
- Name the new group.
- Add a new filter your contacts will be filtered by. For details consult Filters help chapter.
- You can copy existing group or create a nested group:
Select the group from the list.
To create a nested group that contains the contacts of the parent group only, select the Nested Group option.
If you want to copy existing group with all filters select the Copy Group option.
To see the list of contacts that are available for certain group click on its linked name in the Contact Managers pane.
- New -> New Group Creates new contacts group.
- Edit If you want to edit selected group by changing filter criteria click this button.
- Rename Use this option to rename selected group.
- Delete Click this link to delete selected group.
Managing contacts To sort contacts list for selected group mouse over on the arrow next to the column name.
- Sort Ascending - sorts contacts ascendingly by selected column.
- Sort Descending - sorts contacts descendingly by selected column.
- Remove Sorting - this option appears if you applied sorting to a column. Selecting this option removes sorting for the current column.
- Columns - select/clear check boxes for the columns you want to show/hide.