You can set up different email alerts for each answer a respondent makes. Each email can have a different subject line, body text, list of recipients and sender's address. Emails sent to your respondents can also have attachments.
To set up an Email Alert follow the steps below:
Click the Email alert button on the Edit Form/Survey page:
If email alerts have been already created, you can manage them with the help of Email alerts panel. For details, please consult the Manage Email Alerts help chapter.
Specify the Alert Settings.Click here for more details:
- Set up the rules and conditions when the alerts should be sent. This menu depends on the question type the alert is applied to.
- Select email alert type:
- Alert to respondent will be sent to the email address of the particular respondent. Please, make sure to apply Respondent's email setting to a field where your respondents specify their email address if you distribute your form via Master URL. This setting can be used once per form/survey.
- Alert to survey owner will be sent to the email address associated with your account or to any email address(es) you will indicate.
- Alert to other person will be sent to any email address(es) you will indicate.
- Name your email alert using the Alert name text box. The name should be unique for every new alert within the question.
For the questions with text responses of Single Line, Multi Line type and Numeric Allocation questions:
- Select answer choice based on which email alert should be sent.
- Specify the alert condition (does/ does not/ is empty/ is not empty).
- Specify the entry type for does and does not conditions. match looks for the whole word. contain looks for the sequence of letters within a word.
Enter the word(s) or characters you are/are not interested in. Use space as separator if your alert setting will be based on more than one word.If using contain option you need to create new email alert per each word or sequence of characters.
Select the responses you want the email alert to be applied.
Keep in mind
If you select multiple responses for the questions of Pick One and Dropdown Box type, email alert will be triggered either on one response or another.
If you select multiple responses for the questions of Check All That Apply and List Box types, email alert will be sent only if the combination of these responses will be used by the respondent.
For the questions of Rate Different Items Along the Scale of Choice type:
- Select responses upon which the email alert will be sent. If select multiple items, the OR logic will be applied. This means that the alert will be sent if at least one item is selected by survey respondent.
Email alert may be also sent unconditionally upon a form/survey submission. To do this, use the special "Always" keyword when setting up an email alert in Advanced mode:
Click the Next button to save your changes and move onto step 3.
Input the Email Alert Text.Click here for more details:
For details consult the Compose Email help chapter.
- If you are in Alert to other person mode, list the email addresses to which this particular alert should be sent using the To and Bcc fields. If multiple email addresses are used separate them with commas.
- If you use Bcc field to send blind copies, it is recommended indicating these email addresses within the To field as well, because some SMTP servers may ignore the Bcc field.
- You can use Piping within the email alerts. For more details consult the Piping help chapter.
- If you import additional information using the Autofill feature you can use the [Fx] tags.
Respondents who receive email alert can view only their particular report by clicking the link to it within the email alert body. This means that the 'View by Respondent' mode does not have navigation to other responses in opposite to when you insert email addresses directly in the Email alert to field, thus all the survey responses can be viewed using navigation buttons. Respondents do not have an ability to edit or delete their responses.The Edit and Delete report controls are displayed to the report viewer who is logged into the system within the same browser session only. They are not available for third-party viewers. For more details consult the Report help chapter.
Click the Save button to save changes and return to the Email alert pop-up.
- You can set up alerts to go out to respondent and to specified addresses at the same time. To do it you need to go through setup procedure twice in different modes.
- Email alert to respondents can be sent if you launch your survey via our email distribution system and your survey is not anonymous.
- Email alerts cannot be sent if your responses have been uploaded with the help of Upload Responses feature.
- You can send email alerts to respondents who have taken the survey via Master Link. For details consult the Email Reply help chapter.
- When testing your survey using the Test Survey feature real email alerts will be sent to indicated email addresses.
- Email Alerts are sent once the respondent has clicked the Submit button.