Integration with Salesforce.com CRM tool brings a new time-saving way of customer management. Using Salesforce.com integration, our application provides the capability to synchronize data between the survey and the Salesforce.com objects as well as to distribute surveys with the help of Salesforce.com facilities.
This ensures that your Salesforce.com database is always updated with the client information after submission of the online survey. Moreover, now you can easily export the respondent data from Salesforce.com account, with no need to input data manually in the online survey. Automate your sales-cycle process with two-way data exchange between Salesforce.com and KeySurvey.
Integration Key Features
- Distribute the survey link inside an email template in Salesforce.com account or by other distribution means;
- Auto-populate survey questions with client information stored in Salesforce.com account;
- Keep updated your Salesforce.com database with client information by prompting to take the online survey;
Track survey results following the report link generated and saved to Activity History within SalesForce object integration was performed with.SalesForce account you integrate your survey/form with must have Edit Task and Edit Event rights activated.
To integrate your Salesforce.com account, first you need to set up the login page by going to My Account > Sales Force Login page.
For details, please see Salesforce.com Login Setup.
After that, you will need to configure the integration setups on Launch Survey > Distribute via Salesforce.com page.
For details, please see New Integration Setup.
Make sure your edition of Salesforce.com is compatible to use the API.
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- Developer Edition
- Personal Edition
- Group Edition
- Professional Edition
The current page contains the following topics:
The Salesforce account access provides the dataflow between Form.com's, KeySurvey's and Salesforce's servers before and after the Survey is completed.
To set up access to the Salesforce account you need to click My Account > Salesforce.com Login Setup and then enter the Salesforce login data:
User Name (Salesforce user name). The user name must be in the form of email address;
Password, followed by a security token.
The password is case sensitive and must be followed by a security token.
A security token is an automatically-generated key that you must add to the end of your password to let Key Survey log in to Salesforce. For example, if your password is mypassword, and your security token is XXXXXXXXXX, then you must enter mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX to log in. To receive or reset your security token at any time, click Setup > My Personal Information > Reset Security Token, and click the Reset Security Token button. The new security token is sent via email to the email address on your Salesforce user record.
Select the Use SSL check box to provide the secure connection between Form.com, KeySurvey and Salesforce servers using Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Enabling the SSL connection may slow down the server performance (additional encryption/decryption operations) and impact the respondent's experience. You should only use it when necessary.
Click Update to save the login information in the KeySurvey database.
- You may connect to the Salesforce account by taking advantage of Single Sign-On option. This option allows validating the usernames and passwords through client's local network - such as LDAP - without the need to enter multiple passwords.
- The KeySurvey application as well as LDAP server should be set up on client's local network. The respondents' data will be stored on client's or KeySurvey server, while the account information will be stored on LDAP server. The integration is possible only when the login and password of the KeySurvey account match the login data of the Salesforce account.
- Once the Single Sign-On access is configured from Salesforce side, the user will see the Use Salesforce.com Single Sign-On check box on this page. Select it to authenticate once and gain access to the Salesforce resources. Each user is authenticated just once with their user-credentials at the moment of login. From then on, the user's authentication is managed directly between Salesforce account and LDAP database.
- You must be a member of LDAP working group to use this service.
To configure a new integration setup you need to click Go next to the 'Salesforce.com integration' on the survey Launch page and then click the Setup New Integration button.
The wizard will take you through the next steps:
- Integration Name. Give your integration a name by typing it in this text field. Each new integration should have the unique name. The integration name is used only for internal purposes.
- Salesforce.com object to integrate with Use this list box to select the available Salesforce object to integrate with. If you click Next to save your settings you cannot reselect a new object. The workaround is to delete the current integration and setup the new one.
- Click Next to save your progress and move onto the next step.
Select the Salesforce field and the corresponding survey item you would like to map using two list boxes:
- The list box Salesforce.com fields on the left shows all the fields of the selected previously Salesforce object.
The list box Survey questions on the right displays the survey questions with answer choices.
Specify Data Flow Direction by choosing one of the following option buttons:
- All required fields of the Salesforce object are highlighted in yellow and must be mapped with the survey items;
- All survey questions that are mapped with the required fields of the Salesforce object must be set as Must answer on the Edit Questions page.
- All survey items that are not applicable with Salesforce fields are grey;
- The survey questions that are hidden on Questions page cannot be synchronized with Salesforce fields and are not displayed in the Survey questions list box;
- For more information about synchronizing Salesforce fields with survey items, see Synchronization Settings.
- To. The data transfers from Salesforce account to the KeySurvey application. The survey questions appear autofilled before taking the survey;
- From. The data transfers from KeySurvey application to the Salesforce account after the survey has been submitted by the respondents;
- To and From. The combined type of data flow direction is used.
- Click the Apply mapping button to transfer the data between this survey and Salesforce.
After the integration rules are set, you can view them in the mapping table at the bottom of the page. If you want to remove the specific mapping, click the Remove icon next to it.
Select the Overwrite with empty responses option to overwrite the existing salesforce.com data with empty survey response, if user did not answer the survey question. This check box is selected by default.This check box is unavailable if To mapping direction is specified.
- Click Next to save your settings and move onto the next step.
The synchronization of the survey data with Salesforce account is now finished.
Copy the generated URL on this page into your email template in salesforce.com account. The survey link is ready to be distributed.
You can also launch your form/survey from Form.com/KeySurvey account anytime later.
Click the Finish button to go the Mapping page with your new mapping settings.
Besides updating your Salesforce records within objects, SalesForce.com integration allows creating new objects such as Lead, Account, Case and others including custom objects within your Salesforce account, using data submitted by your survey respondents. Here are the steps that walk you through:
- Setup the Basic Settings page by naming your integration and choosing SalesForce object you want to create.
- Map Survey items with SalesForce fields including all required fields that are highlighted in yellow.
- Specify From or To and From data flow direction.
- Use Integration URL to distribute it to your survey respondents directly using your email system.
After the survey is submitted new Salesforce object will be created and will contain your survey data in accordance with mapping settings.
To manage your integration settings click Distribute via Salesforce.com option on the Launch page.
On this page you can find the table containing the list of your current integrations.
- Name. The integration name;
- Integration Type. Specifies the type of salesforce.com object that was synchronized for integration;
- Link to distribute. The survey URL that can be pasted in the salesforce email template or distributed by other means;
- Edit. Allows you to edit the specific integration setup;
- Delete. Deletes the specific integration setup.
Setup New Integration. Enables you to configure new integration setup. To learn more, see New Integration Setup.
If any errors detected, the problem integration is highlighted in red.
The possible errors could be:
- The survey question used in this mapping does not exist - Most likely the survey question was deleted after the integration had been created.
- Object field used in this mapping does not exist - The salesforce.com object was altered after the integration has been created and the object field used in this integration no longer exists.
- Data type mismatch or the specified object field is read or write protected - There may be two reasons for this error. One of them is that the salesforce.com object field type is not compatible with the question type in your survey. The other reason is that the Salesforce.com object field used in this integration is either read or write protected.
|Question Type||Data Flow Direction||Types of Salesforce object fields|
|Pick One or 'Other' or Pick One with 'Comment' [QX]||<< >>||Picklist, all elements except 'other'.|
|Pick One or 'Other' [QX.AN], where N is the number of 'other' answer option.||<< >>||String, int, double, currency, email, percent, phone, dateTime, url, date, byte, ID, reference.|
|Pick One with 'Comment' [QX.AN], where N is the number of 'comment' answer option.||<< >>||String, int, double, currency, email, percent, phone, dateTime, url, date, byte, ID, reference.|
|Check All that apply [QX]||<< >>||Multipicklist (if other is missing).|
|Check all that apply [QX.AN], where N is the number of 'other' answer option.||<< >>||String, int, double, currency, email, percent, phone, dateTime, url, date, byte, ID, reference.|
|Dropdown box [QX]||<< >>||Picklist.|
|List box [QX]||<< >>||Multipicklist.|
|Single line text with pre-format options [QX.AY]||<< >>||String, int, double, currency, email, percent, phone, dateTime, url, date, byte, ID, reference.|
|Multi-line text response [QX]||<< >>||Textarea.|
|Numeric Allocation [QX.AY]||<< >>||Int, double, currency, percent, byte.|
|Rate different items along the scale of your choice - is not applicable.|
|Compare one against another - is not applicable.|
|3D Matrix - is not applicable.|
|Section Header - is not applicable.|