This page contains the description and implementation procedure of all of the possible email notification methods provided by the Form.com/Key Survey platform which can be used in the process of Form/Survey creation.
To add a new Email alert, please go to the Form/Survey editing page, find Email alerts on the toolbar and follow the instructions below:
You can set up different email alerts for each answer a respondent makes. Each email can have a different subject line, body text, list of recipients and sender's address. Emails sent to your respondents can also have attachments.
To set up an Email Alert follow the steps below:
Click the Email alert button on the Edit Form/Survey page:
If email alerts have been already created, you can manage them with the help of Email alerts panel. For details, please consult the Manage Email Alerts help chapter.
Specify the Alert Settings.Click here for more details:
- Set up the rules and conditions when the alerts should be sent. This menu depends on the question type the alert is applied to.
- Select email alert type:
- Alert to respondent will be sent to the email address of the particular respondent. Please, make sure to apply Respondent's email setting to a field where your respondents specify their email address if you distribute your form via Master URL. This setting can be used once per form/survey.
- Alert to survey owner will be sent to the email address associated with your account or to any email address(es) you will indicate.
- Alert to other person will be sent to any email address(es) you will indicate.
- Name your email alert using the Alert name text box. The name should be unique for every new alert within the question.
For the questions with text responses of Single Line, Multi Line type and Numeric Allocation questions:
- Select answer choice based on which email alert should be sent.
- Specify the alert condition (does/ does not/ is empty/ is not empty).
- Specify the entry type for does and does not conditions. match looks for the whole word. contain looks for the sequence of letters within a word.
Enter the word(s) or characters you are/are not interested in. Use space as separator if your alert setting will be based on more than one word.If using contain option you need to create new email alert per each word or sequence of characters.
Select the responses you want the email alert to be applied.
Keep in mind
If you select multiple responses for the questions of Pick One and Dropdown Box type, email alert will be triggered either on one response or another.
If you select multiple responses for the questions of Check All That Apply and List Box types, email alert will be sent only if the combination of these responses will be used by the respondent.
For the questions of Rate Different Items Along the Scale of Choice type:
- Select responses upon which the email alert will be sent. If select multiple items, the OR logic will be applied. This means that the alert will be sent if at least one item is selected by survey respondent.
Email alert may be also sent unconditionally upon a form/survey submission. To do this, use the special "Always" keyword when setting up an email alert in Advanced mode:
Click the Next button to save your changes and move onto step 3.
Input the Email Alert Text.Click here for more details:
For details consult the Compose Email help chapter.
- If you are in Alert to other person mode, list the email addresses to which this particular alert should be sent using the To and Bcc fields. If multiple email addresses are used separate them with commas.
- If you use Bcc field to send blind copies, it is recommended indicating these email addresses within the To field as well, because some SMTP servers may ignore the Bcc field.
- You can use Piping within the email alerts. For more details consult the Piping help chapter.
- If you import additional information using the Autofill feature you can use the [Fx] tags.
Respondents who receive email alert can view only their particular report by clicking the link to it within the email alert body. This means that the 'View by Respondent' mode does not have navigation to other responses in opposite to when you insert email addresses directly in the Email alert to field, thus all the survey responses can be viewed using navigation buttons. Respondents do not have an ability to edit or delete their responses.The Edit and Delete report controls are displayed to the report viewer who is logged into the system within the same browser session only. They are not available for third-party viewers. For more details consult the Report help chapter.
Click the Save button to save changes and return to the Email alert pop-up.
- You can set up alerts to go out to respondent and to specified addresses at the same time. To do it you need to go through setup procedure twice in different modes.
- Email alert to respondents can be sent if you launch your survey via our email distribution system and your survey is not anonymous.
- Email alerts cannot be sent if your responses have been uploaded with the help of Upload Responses feature.
- You can send email alerts to respondents who have taken the survey via Master Link. For details consult the Email Reply help chapter.
- When testing your survey using the Test Survey feature real email alerts will be sent to indicated email addresses.
- Email Alerts are sent once the respondent has clicked the Submit button.
You can send an email alert to survey respondents even if your survey has not been distributed via our mail system. You can ask respondents for their email address and email alert will be sent to that address.
When designing your survey consider the following steps:
- Set Email Alert to respondent in Email alert section of the form/survey. For more details, please consult Email alert help page.
- Add a question of the Single Line Text with Pre-Format Option type. In this question you should ask to enter email address.
- Click the Wrench icon on the right from the answer field in which respondents input email addresses, and check Respondent's email option:
or Insert the <EMAIL_REPLY/> tag in the answer field where respondents input their emails. Please note that answers input mode must be switched to Standard:
After respondents submit their surveys, email alert will be sent to the email addresses they indicated.
- You can use this option once in your form/survey.
- If the Email alert to respondent has been set and your survey has been distributed via our mail system then email alert will be sent to the email address indicated within the question that contains <EMAIL_REPLY/> tag.
- If respondents do not input email addresses into answer field with this tag they will not receive Email Alert.
- Email Alerts are sent once the respondent has clicked the Submit button.
Email Alerts panel allows you to activate/deactivate already created alerts, edit alert settings, edit alert email text, copy alert settings to new alert and delete email alerts.
To manage your email alerts, click the Actions button from the on the Edit survey page and select Email Alerts
Upper left you will find the question the email alert is applied to. Clicking + next to the question will expand the list of answer choices.
New Alert Click this button to create new email alert for current question. For details, see the Design Email Alert help chapter.
Alerts to respondents/Alerts to survey owner or other person menu displays the list of all email alerts applied to this question. The menu contains the following controls:
- You can deactivate alert and make it active later, instead of deleting it and creating once again. click the Deactivate link for that.
- Edit Click this link to edit alert settings. For more details, please see the Design Email Alert help chapter.
- Copy Allows you to create new email alert with the settings based on existent alert.
- Delete Removes the email alert from the survey.
Email Alerts are sent once the respondent has clicked the Submit button.