Following the release of the new and improved version of the Form.com app for Android in 2019, we are pleased to announce a release of a new and improved version of the Form.com app for iOS.
Our team re-engineered the app from the ground up to provide a number of enhancements:
- All features and capabilities of the current version
- Improved synchronization:
- Reduced synchronization times
- Background synchronization
- Notifications about completed synchronizations and sync progress
- Improved user interface design:
- Modern looking UI
- Improved navigation
- Faster and more responsive UI
- Improved task management:
- View all types of tasks on the same screen
- Start a task right from the ‘Tasks’ screen
- Advanced task filtering and sorting options
- Support for multiple user accounts on the same device
On August 4, 2020 the new Form.com app will be launched to the App Store under the name Form.com for Enterprise, and it is a separate app from the previous version (Form.com Mobile). Because the user experience of the new app is significantly different from the old app, we are leaving it to our customers to decide when to upgrade to the new app.
On September 1, 2020 we plan to change the names of both apps in the App Store.
Form.com apps that users will see in the App Store
Starting September 1, the new app will be called Form.com and the previous version of the app will be renamed to Form.com Classic. We strongly encourage our customers to review any documentation they may have created for their mobile users that may involve instructions on how to download the Form.com mobile app and update the documentation to reflect the changed names of the apps.
We also strongly encourage our customers to plan the migration to the new Form.com for Enterprise app as soon as possible, as this will be the main production version of the app moving forward. While the Form.com Classic app will still be available in the App Store, we do not plan to develop any new functionality there, and it will only receive critical issue fixes.
On December 12, 2020 the Form.com Classic app will become completely unsupported and will be removed from the App Store shortly thereafter.
How do I download the new Form.com app for iOS?
The easiest way to download the new Form.com for iOS starting August 4 is to use this direct App Store link.
You may also search for the Form.com app in the App Store. When you search for Form.com in the App Store, you will see two apps:
Between August 4, 2020 and September 1, 2020 the new version of the app will be called Form.com for Enterprise, and the old version will be called Form.com Mobile.
After September 1, 2020 the new version of the app will be called Form.com, the old version of the app will be called Form.com Classic.
Please be aware that Form.com Classic will no longer be supported after December 12, 2020.
How should I upgrade my users to the new app?
If you are not a Form.com admin user, consult with your admin.
If you are a Form.com admin user:
- Instruct a small group of your iOS users to install the new Form.com for Enterprise app. Do not uninstall the previous version of the Form.com Mobile app.
- Allow them to use the app for a few weeks.
- After they have spent some time with the app, instruct the rest of your iOS users to install and begin using the new app.
We strongly encourage you to begin upgrading your users as soon as it is convenient for you. Support for Form.com Classic will end in December, 2020.
When will these changes to the Form.com app happen?
- August 4, 2020 – The new Form.com app launches under the name Form.com for Enterprise.
- September 1, 2020 – The old Form.com app is renamed to Form.com Classic. The name of the new app will be changed to Form.com
- December 12, 2020 – Support for Form.com Classic ends.
Do I have to upgrade to the new app right away?
No. You may upgrade to the new app at your own pace. However, support for Form.com Classic will end in December, 2020.
We strongly encourage you to begin migrating your iOS users to the newest version of the app as soon as it is convenient.
Now that the new versions of the apps are available for iOS and Android, is the new version of the Windows app coming?
Yes. The similarly redesigned Form.com app for Android has already been released, and the Windows app is currently in development. We expect the Windows app to be available late in 2020.
How long will current version of the app (Form.com Classic) be supported?
Form.com Classic will be supported until December 12, 2020. We will continue to help customers regardless of which Form.com app they use, but no new features or changes to Form.com Classic will occur.
We strongly encourage you to upgrade as soon as it is convenient. The new version of the Form.com app for iOS will offer the best and most up-to-date experience.
How can I report an issue or send feedback?
If you are not a Form.com admin user, contact your account admin first. If they are unable to resolve your issue or are unavailable, please contact the Form.com Support team using one of the following methods:
Phone (USA): +1 (888) 708 8118
Phone (UK): +44 (0) 1252 551 600
Phone (International): +44 (0) 2030 020 722