To set up an email notification which will be sent once the form/survey is published to the portal, please follow the next steps:
- Go to Launch-> Publish to the User Portal and Mobile App, check the box next to '' option, and click 'Edit Email'.
- Indicate the From and Send reply to address for your email. The default address is the email address of your account. You may also write your name along with the email address in the following format: [John Smith]firstname.lastname@example.org or John Smith<email@example.com>.
Write the subject for your email in the Subject field.
Make sure the Subject field does not contain brakes. It is not recommended to copy/paste Subject from external sources. These actions may corrupt your notification email.
Click the Attach Files link to attach a document to your email. You can attach more than one file, but the total size of all uploaded files should not exceed 4 MB.
Use the following options to set the email priority:
- Normal is commonly used if no priority stressing is needed. This is the default option.
- Select High to stress on the priority and importance of your email notification.
If you want to be notified when respondents receive your notification email select the Request return receipts option.
Use a WYSIWYG editor to create and format your content. Like word processors, the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor is equipped with a full text-editing interface;
The email body field contains placeholder text, which you should remove and provide your own text of the notification email.You can use the following tags in the body of your notification email:
- [ONLINE_PORTAL] to insert the online portal link.
- [OFFLINE_PORTAL] to insert the offline portal link.
- [USERNAME] to insert the user login.
- [CM:x] to personalize email with the information from the Contact Manager. Just replace x with the desired Contact manager field name.
- [REMOVE] to allow recipients to unsubscribe from emails.
You may also use the tags below to insert the link to the form/survey or a hyperlinked name/title, however, by pressing those links, the respondent will be redirected automatically to the Online portal, and will need to provide his portal credentials to access the form.
- [S] to insert the survey name as a link;
- [S_text] to insert the survey name as a text;
- [ST] to insert the survey title as a link;
- [ST_text] to insert the survey title as a text;
- [URL] to insert hyperlinked web URL of the survey;
- [URL_text] to insert web URL of the survey as a text.
The detailed information about all email tags can be found in Email Body Text help chapter.
- Click the Spell Check button to check the spelling of all the input text on this page.
- Click Save to save your email settings.
When composing your notification email, feel free to use our HTML Guide.
Please note, that the email notification will go out to contacts when an active form (or the form that will become active in the future) is published. If the form/survey has expired, and an inactive form is being published to the portal, this form will not appear on the portal and thus notification email will not be sent.