We are pleased to announce the release of version 8.20 of the Form.com/Key Survey data collection platform. Please note that the v8.20 release involves updates to both our hardware and software. We have successfully deployed the hardware release on October 7th, and the software stage release is scheduled for October 28th. In this release, we introduce a major change to Master Link / Custom Report URL options. We've also made changes to the authentication process and moved the authorization logic to a separate service. The changes introduced in this release are aimed at enhancing the platform's performance and security.
Master Links / Custom Report Links
With the release of version 8.20, the Master Link / Custom Report URL options will change the following way:
- Non-secure URL will be removed;
- Secure URL will become default;
The 'IP Address' option will be replaced with a 'Short link' option;
- The 'Custom' option will redirect now to a Short link instead of an IP Address.
|Master Link Option||SaaS User / Branded Account with SSL||Branded Account / No SSL|
|Non-secure URL||No longer available||No change|
|Secure URL||New default||No longer available|
|IP Address||Replaced with Short Link (https)||Replaced with Short Link (https)|
|Custom||Redirects to Short Link (https)||Redirects to Short Link (https)|
Self-hosted and Private Label clients will not be affected by this change and will be able to continue to use Non-secure URLs for forms, surveys, and reports.
When a form, survey, or report is first launched or published:
- The user will be able to select from these three options: Secure URL, Short link, or Custom;
- The Standard Report will inherit the URL option from the parent form/survey.
When a form, survey, or report has already been launched or published using one of the following options:
- Non-secure URL: The existing URL will remain the same, without any changes;
- Secure URL: The existing URL will remain the same, without any changes;
- IP Address: The existing URL will remain the same and will work without redirect. However, in the dropdown, it will be replaced with Short Link. You will see the Short Link option instead of the IP Address URL, even though the latter will continue to work;
- Custom: The existing URL will remain the same and will work without redirect.
If the Form is Launched to the Participant Portal
With the release of version 8.20, the 'Secure URL' option will become the only available Master link option for a form published to the User Portal and Mobile App.
While any type of Master Link can be chosen before the form is launched to the Participant Portal, the 'Secure link' option will be set automatically when the form is published. It will not be possible to change the Master link option afterwards - the dropdown will be disabled:
Forms with other Master Link options (Non-secure URL, IP Adress, or Custom) which were published to the User Portal earlier will continue to work using old settings, but the dropdown will be disabled. If you need to change the Master Link for such a form, please contact WorldAPP Support.
The Master Link behavior will remain the same for other distribution methods. You will be able to change the Master link option after the form has been launched via Email or Password Protection, or attached to a Task Definition.
New Workflow Tag
We have improved our Workflow plugins and added an additional [LINK_TO_ANOTHER_SURVEY_<target survey id>] tag which will be useful if you set up multiple Workflow plugins in the same form. If some of these plugins fire at the same time, the original tag [LINK_TO_ANOTHER_SURVEY] is substituted with all links that were triggered by response submission. The [LINK_TO_ANOTHER_SURVEY_<target survey id>] tag allows to separate them and specify which Workflow link should be inserted into a particular Email Alert, as you may have as many Email Alerts with different recipients as Workflow plugins.