The Form.com/Key Survey Mobile application allows accessing and submitting Forms/Surveys offline. Before downloading the Forms/Surveys to the device, they should be created online with the use of the Form.com or Key Survey tool.
The Form/Survey administrator should:
- Login to Form.com or Key Survey online application.
- Press the New button from the Forms/Surveys home page.
- Select Survey(enhanced for offline support) or Linear Form and proceed with the design.
Once the Form/Survey has been created, the system will indicate if it is compatible with the Form.com/Key Survey Mobile application. A green Available icon indicates that the Form/Survey can be accessed from the Form.com/Key Survey Mobile application. A red Not available icon notifies that the Form/Survey is not compatible with offline mode.
In order for a Form/Survey to completely meet the mobile application requirements, certain limitations should be considered.
All the forms' themes, available by going to Edit Form page-> Layout are mobile friendly and will resize automatically to fit the device screen. However, we do not recommend to use large scales or a lot of columns in the questions of your offline forms/surveys, as this may cause a scrollbar to appear at the bottom.
In you use hyperlinks in the offline forms which are accessed from Mobile or Desktop applications, please keep in mind that:
- Links without the target attribute e.g. <a href=" text</a> will be opened in built-in browser.
- Links with the attribute target="_blank" e.g. <a href="https://form.com/" target="_blank">Hyperlinked text</a> will be opened in system browser.
Unfortunately, there are certain features which are not accessible from the Form.com/Key Survey Mobile application.
- Custom Forms from Trash folder (or forms deleted even after Trash)
- Surveys with any type of Logic
- 360 Surveys
- Common-password Surveys
- Show results to respondents
- Redirect Page