Custom data models work as advanced databases of any information to be used on the platform.
You can create multiple data tables and use these records in two ways:
Use data models to create the Object Lookup or the Multiple Object Lookup questions that will be used further in the automation process
Update information in a data model using responses in a form with the help of the Create Contact or Custom Data Object plugin
To start working with Data Models:
- Select this option if you want to add records to the Custom Data Model manually one by one. Setting up Data Model fields is the first action to do when creating objects within an account for the first time. You can find detailed description of this feature below.
Import File with Records This option allows adding objects to the Data Model in batches by uploading a UTF-8 encoded (up to two bytes per character) .CSV file with the data separated by commas or file separated with tabs, spaces, pipes, etc. The maximum size of the data file for upload is 200 Mb. For more details consult the Synchronization help chapter.
Here are the recommendations for the maximum size of the Data Model:
- Not more than 400 columns.
- Not more than 4000 Bytes per row. For instance, 4000 symbols in English, 2000 symbols in Cyrillic alphabet.
- No restrictions for the number of rows.
If the number of columns or bytes are exceeded, it may result in Data Model performance issues.
Data Models Management
In the left pane you can create new, view and manage existing data models:
To add a new object to the list manually, click the Add Object button and follow the next steps:
- Input information into the corresponding fields.
- Field that has been set as a unique ID is marked as Object ID. You can assign your own value to this field or select the Generate unique value automatically option to automatically generate random object ID value, which then cannot be customized.
- Save & New saves current record and opens blank form for new object.
- Click Save to save record.
- Click Back to go back to the Data Models home page.
To modify an existing object click the Edit link next to the object in the Edit column. and then edit the data into the fields of Data Model object.
To search objects within the Data Model enter a search criteria into the Search Objects field, select a field or a object property you want to search objects by and click the Go button.
Data Model fields are used to keep records data, for example names, email addresses, positions and other. To add new fields, to edit or delete existing fields follow the steps listed below:
- If you create Data Model from scratch you will be redirected to the Edit Fields page automatically.
If your Data Model fields has already been set, click the Edit Fields button at the bottom of the objects list.
- Type in field names. These names will be displayed on the Data Model home page.
- Format Select data type that will be stored within the field, this will prevent you from entering incorrect field values.
- Object ID is an record identifier within the Data Model. It is used to prevent records duplication, as well as to identify records for forms distribution and reports. You can use any field to be the unique key.
- Delete Click this button next to the field you want to delete. You cannot delete field if there are records in the Data Model with the filled data in it.
- Click New Field link to add empty line for a new field.
- Click the Add Field button to save new field to the Data Model.
Click Save to save changes.
Click Back to go back to the Data Model home page.
Import You can synchronize your records with the external data sources such as delimited data files. For more details consult Synchronization help chapter.
Export If you want to export your objects list to Excel or CSV click the Export button and choose appropriate option.
Delete Object Select the record you want to delete and click the Delete Selected button. You can delete multiple objects at once.
- When you delete objects from a Data Model (manually or via a csv file upload), this data is wiped out and cannot be restored. Due to this security improvement, please take extra caution when deleting records.
- When you delete contacts from a Contact Manager (manually or via a csv file upload), their profile data is wiped out and cannot be restored. Due to this security improvement, please take extra caution when deleting contacts.
- If a data model is used in a Object Lookup question, and some answers to the form were submitted, you may create some new fields in that data model, however, you will not be able to delete or edit them. Please keep that in mind when trying to edit such data models.
To manage objects list hover the mouse over on the arrow next to the column name:
- Sort Ascending - sorts objects in ascending order by selected column.
- Sort Descending - sorts objects in descending order by selected column.
- Remove Sorting - this option appears if you applied sorting to a column and it removes sorting for the current column.
- Columns - select columns you want to show or hide from the object list.
If your objects list contains more than thousand items, list will be broken into pages.
Recommendations regarding big data models
We highly recommend to follow the instructions below in order to create a Data model without any issues:
- Data model with 125 (or less) columns will be created without any issues.
- If your Data model consists of 125-400 columns and more than 101 rows with more than 10 symbols in each cell, then the warning message will appear and the Data model will be created in 15-20 seconds
- Please be sure to input no more than 4000 bytes of information per each row (about 4000 Latin symbols and 2000 Cyrillic), meaning all of them can be typed in one or multiple cells or divided between all cells in row.
- We do not recommend to create a Data model with more than 400 columns in order to have smooth and consistent platform behavior.
The current page contains the following topic:
Object Synchronization is used to import the list of objects from external sources instead of creating objects manually one by one.