If you are looking for a way how to launch your questionnaire then please go to your Surveys/ Forms home page, select the it and click on the Launch button.
You will get to the launch page and here you can select a preferred distribution method and set some important properties for a link.
The questionnaire link that you can see in the Master Survey URL is a generic link and allows multiple responses. Respondents can forward the link and it will collect responses from each person who submits the survey/form via Master URL.
No SSL is the default access option, when a regular link with a domain name is generated.
The No SSL link is generated by default. You can copy it and paste into your web browser to see how it works. You can forward it to respondents by various means: by email from your mail client, you can embed it as a link on your website or you can print it on postcards or receipts and ask the respondents to enter the link into a browser to access the survey.
- As this is a general link responses will be anonymous. You can allow multiple responses from the same person or allow to overwrite previous answers.
- If you try to email it to your respondents, the responses will be anonymous or overwritten depending on your questionnaire settings. Please, use our Email Distribution system to email your survey. In this case a unique link will be automatically generated for each respondent.
For more information, check the Settings help chapter to learn more about it.
SSL a link which is generated with making the transferred data securely encrypted on both ends from the connection. For more details look in the 'Secure Connection' help chapter.
IP address is an advanced option. When you select the IP address, a domain name in the link is replaced with an IP address of an application server.
Custom URL is an advanced option. You can select this radio button if you wish to mask the domain name with your own custom one. Respondents will see a link with your custom domain and when proceed to a next survey page the custom URL will change for the IP address. For instructions on how to generate a custom URL please consult 'Customize URL' help chapter.
Set Start and End Dates Select the time range you want the survey link to be accessible.
You can choose time zone convenient for you, the default setting is relative to EST time zone. For details consult the 'Time Zones' help chapter.
Send alert when the Survey expires Activate this option if you want to be notified before the questionnaire becomes expired. Click Edit Email to compose your alert message.The alert will be sent at midnight prior to expiration.
Set response limit The application automatically closes the survey after it collects the required amount of completed responses.
Publish to the User Portal and Mobile App This option allows you to publish the survey on Participant Portal. For more details consult the Publish on Participant Portal help chapter.
Send email invitation with individual Survey links You can send a survey from the application mail system. This method is recommended when you need to give individual link to each respondent. Individual links are unique per email; it allows to track from which email address the response was provided. You can enter email addresses for distribution one by one manually, you can import from data sources or send survey invitation to people from your Contact Manager.
Use passwords to identify users accessing the Survey In situation when you cannot email survey invitations but need to identify which respondent gave the answer you can protect the survey with individual passwords. Each respondent when opens the Master URL will be prompted to enter the password that you uploaded using Password survey protection feature.
Embed the Survey into your website, blog or application This option provides ready-made code that you can use to embed a survey into your website. Using html code you can include a link to a survey or a pop-up survey to a website.
Distribute via salesforce Provides the capability to synchronize our application data between the survey and Salesforce.com objects as well as distributing surveys with the help of Salesforce.com facilities.
Upload responses Allows you to upload responses to your survey. This feature is used when you need to merge responses collected online with historical data or with data collected with other systems.
Manage participants This option allows adding participants to your survey. For more details consult the Participant Manager help chapter.
- If your survey has been distributed via our email system, partially completed responses can be saved and included into a report.
- If you need to get partially completed responses of the survey that has not been distributed via our email system and include them into a report you should set 'Do not allow respondent back into survey' or 'Respondent may return and modify their response' on the' Settings' page.
- When a respondent needs to take the survey more than once via Master URL from the same computer in Internet Explorer it is recommended to pause for 10 seconds between surveys.
- Back button takes you back to questions list page.
- If your survey has been distributed via our email system and one of the three rules on the 'Settings' page has been set, partially completed responses can be saved and included into a report.
- If you need to get partially completed responses of the survey that has not been distributed via our email system and include them into a report you should set 'Do not allow respondent back into survey' or 'Respondent may return and modify their response' on the ' Survey Rules' page.
- While taking the survey via Master URL the cookies are used to identify the respondents.
- While taking the survey via Master URL from the same computer in Internet Explorer several times in a row respondents must make 10 sec pauses.
- Back Takes you back to previous page. The data will be saved.